[nSLUG] Chebucto Security

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Thu Jan 22 10:31:11 AST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 02:38:01AM -0400, Daniel Morrison wrote:

> Well, we really are getting beyond my day-to-day expertise,

Your explanation is correct.

There are some flaws in the way certs are handled. For example there
is no way currently for an HTTPS cert to be revoked quickly. However,
depsite the flaws the system is good enough for most things,
especially day to day financial transactions. The financial
institutions want the system to be trusted. The banks are willing to
incure some lose to componsate it's customers for fraud.

--
sg