[nSLUG] Found: Lost laptop

Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 23:38:25 AST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 22:42 -0400, Colin Conrad wrote:
> William Lachance wrote:
> > Wouldn't it make more sense to just temporarily log in as that user to
> > establish his/her identity? Surely they must have some saved form
> > settings in their web browser or similar.
> >
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to.  As soon as it boots up in any mode it
> requires a user name and password.  I can't seen to get any farther.

try this (of course you have to be ethical ...no snooping around....just
get the users contact info and then out):
http://www.linuxforums.org/security/howto:_recover_root_password.html

Eugene

> Cheers,
> Colin
*           Eugene Cormier             *
*          Acadia University           *
*        www.eugenecormier.com         *
*       eugene.cormier at gmail.com       *
*       DEN 152, (902) 585-1329        *
*    Classical Guitar, Guitar Class,   *
*    Guitar Ensemble, Prelim. Rud.     *