[nSLUG] Found: Lost laptop

Reams, Andrew P Andrew.Reams at Keane.com
Thu Jan 8 19:07:50 AST 2009

________________________________
ANDREW REAMS
Sr. Recruiter
Talent Acquisition
Keane Inc.
www.keane.com

815.784.3045     direct
800.784.3045     toll free
224.558.8992     mobile
andrew.reams at keane.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nslug-bounces at nslug.ns.ca [mailto:nslug-bounces at nslug.ns.ca] On
Behalf Of Ashley George
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 6:01 PM
To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [nSLUG] Found: Lost laptop

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 10:10:51PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 06:03:42PM -0400, Colin Conrad wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I found a Dell Latitude CPi laptop in a taxi.  It has Debian 5.0 on
it.
> > This requires a user name and password.
> >
> > If you think this laptop belongs to you, please e-mail me, using the

> > e-mail address below, the user name and password.
>
> You can't be serious, you want someone to email you their username and
> password?

     Sorry about the top-posting.  I forgot.

     I guess there might be better ways of ascertaining the owner of the
laptop than asking for the password.  For instance, what if you send
your username and password and Colin then responded, "Sorry, it's not
you!"

     :)

     Ashley

It might have been better to turn it into the cab company's lost and
found.
Either that or instead of asking for a password from jump you could have
said I found a laptop, if you lost one tell me what make and model it
is. That way it at least weeds out many of those that would guess
something else. Then go from there.