[nSLUG] Re: Lock the door...

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu Jan 8 15:37:57 AST 2009

Ben>    I'm sure this was said tongue-in-cheek, but never attribute to
Ben>    malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ...

George> Every joke has a kernel of truth.

Yeah.  The corollary to Hanlon's Razor is, "If you are confronted with
the practical necessity to distinguish between malice and stupidity,
you're already in deep doodoo."  Not to mention that stupidity and
malice are not disjoint domains, supporting which assertion, I adduce
George's squibb:

George> During the Vietnam war a lot of "student unrest" targeted
George> university administration.  Years later it came out that some
George> of the active "students" promoting takeovers of admin
George> buildings, etc. were government agents charged with
George> "containing" student unrest to campuses.

- Mike

                                                           /V\