[nSLUG] Lock the door...

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 10:44:12 AST 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Ben Armstrong
<synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:48:13 -0400
> "George N. White III" <gnwiii at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM, D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I assume organized crime groups employ people to spread such
>> disinformation, along with "always log in as root".
>
> I'm sure this was said tongue-in-cheek, but never attribute to malice
> that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ...

Every joke has a kernel of truth.

Well, never say never, especially where security is involved.   During the
Vietnam war a lot of "student unrest" targeted university administration.
Years later it came out that some of the active "students" promoting
takeovers of admin buildings, etc. were government agents charged with
"containing" student unrest to campuses.   At the time I just thought they
were idiots.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia