[nSLUG] Lock the door...

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 14:28:25 AST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Daniel Morrison <draker at gmail.com> wrote:

> I heartily agree with Marius Scurtescu.  The developers' attitude stinks.
>
> I feel that this is becoming all-too commonplace in free software
> projects.  [...]

A free software developer can have whatever attitude she/he wants --
if users want
to be the bosses they have to pay for the software (and even then
developers have
been getting away with bad code _and_ bad attitudes).

We need more people who stick up for small, lightweight, reliable
tools that don't
involve GUI interfaces.

As people worry more about security in linux, the number of conflicts between
simplicity and "ease of use" will increase because every string that can be
accepted as input has to be considered as a possible chink and appropriate
checks applied.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia