[nSLUG] Slow file transfer on my LAN

Smokedart smokedart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 15:44:36 AST 2009

I'd be interested in hearing if you have the same speed problem using
another OS.  I've noticed slow speeds using some of the machines on my
home network running Linux.  Windows-Windows is fine but Linux-Windows
and Linux-Linux is much slower (about 20% of the Windows-Windows
speed).  When using two different machines however I get full speed
regardless of the OS.

Maybe it's the driver for the network card you have?

- Gregg