[nSLUG] Slow file transfer on my LAN

odoepner odoepner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 11:33:54 AST 2009

Hi,

File transfers in my home LAN never seem to be faster than 2MB/s.

I saw this on a wired client (with an Nvidia Nforce network controller)
and a wireless client (my laptop) using wireless/g.

The file server is an Excito Bubba/2 (has a Gigabit NIC):
http://www.excito.com/bubba/technical-specifications.html

The devices were connected via a Linksys WRTG 54GL router (v1.1) running the
Linux based firmware DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) std (see dd-wrt.com).

The transer protocols tested were Samba and SCP.

Any ideas how I could narrow down the problem?

thanks
Oliver