[nSLUG] Job Opportunity at Chalk

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 14:12:49 AST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 1:30 PM, William Lachance <wrlach at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fair enough, but it goes both ways. In my opinion, sending an MS Word
> document to a Linux mailing list shows a lack of knowledge (or lack of
> consideration?) of the audience involved. As an analogy, think of
> wearing a tailored suit to a rock concert. :) Everything has their time
> and place.

I don't see why sending an ".odt" would have been any better than the
format that was sent. Not all linux users use open office (or
similar), and not all of them use the mouse to operate their machines.

An example of such a user is RMS, who doesn't use a web browser
(http://lwn.net/Articles/262570/), and D. Knuth who hasn't used Email
since 1990 (http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/email.html).
What I am trying to say is there is no unanimity when it comes to
linux users. When I see Linux I see endless possibilities, and user
uniqueness. One visible proof of this is the number of Linux distros
that are in the market (http://distrowatch.com/).

In conclusion I think the subject of the RMS email (linked above) sums
it perfectly.

--
Hatem Nassrat