[nSLUG] Job Opportunity at Chalk

William Lachance wrlach at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 13:30:33 AST 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-21 at 23:19 +0000, John at GetChalk.com wrote:

> For those who may be interested, I was part of the Linux documentation
> team when I worked at Corel Corp about a decade ago (we released our
> WordPerfect suite for Linux around that time), and am thus intimately
> familiar with the foibles, rancour and bitterness toward Microsoft and
> other proprietary systems. When Hassem mentioned his subtle disgust at
> the Word format of my original email attachment, I smiled, and thought
> of re-sending as a simple text file.
>
> However we need a person who is equally passionate about
> trouble-shooting and demonstrating the requisite professional
> flexibility to meet our needs as described, both internally and
> externally (client-facing) without prejudice.

Fair enough, but it goes both ways. In my opinion, sending an MS Word
document to a Linux mailing list shows a lack of knowledge (or lack of
consideration?) of the audience involved. As an analogy, think of
wearing a tailored suit to a rock concert. :) Everything has their time
and place.

Good luck finding a candidate all the same,
--
William Lachance <wrlach at gmail.com>