[nSLUG] cross developing, was Job Opportunity at Chalk

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Sat Feb 21 21:15:46 AST 2009

Michael Crawford wrote:

> So it was with great joy that I downloaded the Eclipse build for C and
> C++ development, and the MingW installer.

If this is a work thing you may want to add Vmware Workstation to the
mix. The latest version has an eclipse plugin that allows you to debug
your app in a VM from Eclipse running on the host. To install the plugin
you need to install VMware Workstation after installing Eclipse. There
is a 30day VMware trial if you want to test it out.

Another IDE to try is Kdevelope. It is a natural fit for developing for
the QT library which is cross platform, full featured, and Free (LGPL).
The QT library is more then just for GUIs. One of the developers at work
is using it to write a cross platform network app.

--
sg