[nSLUG] Job Opportunity at Chalk

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 18:57:53 AST 2009

Political correctness of open source objectives aside, I would wonder
what potential employers think of the debate and how it reflects
on this user community.

I just want to state that not everyone on this LUG spends their time and
energy on fretting about such things.  Personally, I would prefer
more universally accessible document formats, but I would not let
the issue get in the way of just getting things done.

If someone sends me a document which is proprietary format and
I have no tool to view it in a human readable format, I either ask
the sender to resend with another format I can use, or I seek the
free viewer on a Windows platform if possible.

If there are many people who do care about the format of job postings
attachments, perhaps a sentence about the preferred format can be
placed on the nSLUG wiki or wherever it is that employers learn of this
list, or perhaps in the greeting when then join the list.  It might save the
topic
from being hijacked, and employers from turned off from the list.