[nSLUG] gNewSense drivers question

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 18:56:24 AST 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 07:11:10PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> 8600. I don't *think* there are too many wireless cards that meet
> RMS's definition of free (maybe Atheros, not sure.)

RMS doesn't care for wireless.

"The XO's usual software load is not 100% free; it has a non-free
firmware program to run the wireless chip. That means I cannot fully
promote the XO as it stands, but it was easy for me to solve that
problem for my own machine: I just deleted that file. That made the
internal wireless chip inoperative, but I can do without it." -- RMS
http://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/can-we-rescue-olpc-from-windows

--
Hatem Nassrat