[nSLUG] sata drive

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Fri Feb 6 08:33:09 AST 2009

Havea Notherpuff wrote:
> My friend gave me a 500 gig sata drive, it has different hook up than
> my com has, I am hoping there is a adapter or some thing other than a
> new computer to make it work on my old computer.

If you don't have a SATA interface on your motherboard,
you can buy one relatively cheap - about $20 at any of the
computer shops.  As long as your mb has an open PCI slot.
The cards sell like hot cakes when they get them in,
so you might want to call around to a few shops. Someone
is sure to have some in stock.

Pickup a ribbon cable for the drive if you don't already have one.

Rich