[nSLUG] Install Fest Comming Up?

Colin Conrad cmconrad79 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 08:58:07 AST 2009

Hatem Nassrat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any installfests planned in the near future?
>
> I am thinking of installing:
>
>     http://chakra-project.org/download-iso.html
>
> I just want to play safe and know that I would be able to get help if I
> face any issues.
The Dalhousie OSUM (http://studentdevelopers.ning.com/group/dalosum) is
looking at holding two events in regards to an Installfest, the first
starting near the end of this month.

The first event would be an "Information fest".  It would be an
afternoon, most likely a Saturday, where people could come and hear
speakers talk about the Linux community and the advantages of using
Linux.  There would also be some live CDs handed out so that people
could go home and try it.

The second event would be the Installfest, which would be about 2 weeks
later.  This would give people time to go home and try the live CDs that
were handed out at the "Information fest" above.

There will be a mailing soon about these events.

Cheers,
Colin