[nSLUG] Virtulization Solution/Environment

Joe Dunn me at joedunn.com
Tue Dec 22 12:12:43 AST 2009

Just make sure with KVM if your going to use RHEL 5.4/Centos 5.4 you pick
generic 2.6 kernel with virt extensions (if its your guest OS). RHEL 5.4
back ported a lot of virt enhancements into 2.6 starting with 5.4. KVM with
OpenVirt is the upstream for RHEL new virtulization product so its pretty
spiffy :)

OpenVirt will give you the web gui to manage KVM also, its basically VMWare
Infrastructure for open source.