[nSLUG] Virtulization Solution/Environment

Paul B wes902 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 11:13:54 AST 2009

As you mentioned your process seems to be supported with the VT flag (see:
http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27516 ). And you really need to find
out if its a BIOS option or you require a BIOS update (via IBM's website) to
enable the support. Xen will not run the Windows install until the hardware
paravirtualization is working (VT flag).

If your playing around with CentOS you should look into KVM which is picked
up as the default in 5.4 of CentOS/Redhat EL. It's slowly starting to
replace Xen hypervisor and it will probably work well for you.