[nSLUG] Virtulization Solution/Environment

Sean seandanielsmith at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 11:11:12 AST 2009

I used VMWare Server briefly at one point, but on a box with similar
resources to yours I also found it sluggish (especially when initially
starting) and harsh on memory.

Have you taken a look at VirtualBox? That is what I switched to after
VMWare. I've used it on both Windows and Linux and been very happy
with it (though admittedly I don't use it on a regular basis).

I don't think it has a fancy management web interface, but it is able
to be run headless via the command line.

http://www.virtualbox.org/

Regards,

Sean