[nSLUG] Perl Guru

Daniel MacKay daniel at bonmot.ca
Wed Aug 26 23:25:10 ADT 2009

I *am* a Perl guru and I have a bit of an interest in this particular
project: I want to peel all the memos and contacts out of the Palm
database, and stuff them into my "intel" wiki.

This will give me version control on all of this stuff, which I
desperately need, because now that I have sync'ing up between the
Palm, the Mac and the Blackberry, I'm losing data because the Mac and
Blackberry overwrite fields in the Palm address book and I'm losing
data.

I've looked at the Perl Palm modules, and they look pretty
straightforward, so I just have to get off my ass.  I've used one,
which peels encrypted passwords out of Strip, and if you put in your
Strip password, your database comes out on your Unix terminal in
cleartext.