[nSLUG] Software Freedom Day

Richard Bonner ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Aug 26 21:50:11 ADT 2009

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009, Mike.lifeguard wrote:

> Richard Bonner wrote:
>>
>>     The Halifax Computer Club will be sponsoring a Software Freedom Day
>> event again this year. It will take place at the Keshen Goodman
>> Library on Saturday, September 19th from 1 PM through 4:30 PM.

> I'd definitely be interested in doing an installfest. Do we have any
> idea what needs to be done ahead of time?

***   The HCC will be handling most of it. Tables will be provided.
Space is limited.

    You would need your own power distro, but some may be available
from the HCC. Of course, you'd be responsible for your own computer
systems as required.

    We would like advertisement help. A flyer will be available soon
which I will e-mail to the list. Print off a few copies and get them
up in stores. E-mail anyone that you think would be interested. Does
anyone have a Dal ACM contact? I'd like to invite them too.

    This is a great opportunity to promote nSLUG! Someone may wish to
print some nSLUG flyers regarding this list and the monthly meetings.

> I can perhaps help with some stuff before school starts. Don't
> forget to remind the list a few days before and/or the day of!

***   I shall be sending the flyer and a reminder.

  Richard.