[nSLUG] Rise & Fall of the PDA

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulb at eastlink.ca
Wed Aug 26 20:04:01 ADT 2009

Daniel MacKay wrote:
> Does anyone remember the Palm?

I have a TX and had a Vx think that is what the old one was called and
before that the non-ultra-plus of gizzmos *Psion Series 3*.

I have about 1500 names stores in the TX, check for email when I am on
the road, The installed GPS software helps me find my way around place
like Ottawa and Montreal.

Before Palm came on the scene I was using a *Psion Series 3* dating back
to 1991, which at that time was light years ahead of the Palms in
functionality.

This was my portable office, with agenda, contact list, word processor,
no wireless or GPS though. My wife and I use to work on the translation
of my website in a friendly biergarten instead of a stuffy office. When
the series 3 died and the only real option was a palm, since Psion was
becoming unreliable, I felt like I went from a Bentley to a Chevy Geo.