[nSLUG] Rise & Fall of the PDA

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 14:02:00 ADT 2009

I still have a Palm.  I've never considered it as useful and immediate
as paper and pen.  I have a white board for reminding me of projects,
and a calendar for things like oil changes.  Other todos are organized
by email put into folders, or by the home grown ticket system.  Some
notes on paper are scattered on my desk, organised by geological strata.
This worked for Yuri Rubinsky.

Maybe I'm not over grown with projects, nor do I have dozens
of contacts to manage.

The Palm does one main app/function for me which a hipster PDA
cannot: strip.  It keeps my encrypted passwords.  The next
device which will serve that function will likely be something
running the iPhone OS, as this is where strip is being ported to next.

--Donald