[nSLUG] jpeg7: "you are in delusion"

Daniel Morrison draker at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 17:36:53 ADT 2009

2009/8/8 George N. White III <gnwiii at gmail.com>:
> Well, it was simple to build jpeg7, and it is supposed to be "not worse" than
> jpeg6.  My new version of hdf-java still doesn't work.  The problem files don't
> use any compression, so even if there are bugs in jpeg7 I doubt that is the
> reason hdf-java is failing.

Sorry, man, I guess I wasn't blunt enough.

I still have no idea what you're trying to say, or why hdf-java has
anything to do with libjpeg. Does hdf-java link with libjpeg? You've
hinted as much...

Anyhow, I'm not particularly interested (I've never heard of hdf-java
before); I just figured that if I didn't have a clue what you were
getting at, probably a lot of other subscribers are scratching their
heads also, so I thought I'd let you know.

No matter.

-D.