[nSLUG] Outmanoeuvring my Aliant router?

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 00:04:34 ADT 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Joshua Bearden<joshua.bearden at unb.ca> wrote:
> Before I get into the gory details, I'm wondering if anyone has any
> recent or ongoing experience escaping an Aliant, locked-down
> Speedstream router. By escape all I mean is I want it to forward a few
> ports for me like 80 and 22 and friends.  In New Brunswick I found

I am no longer a customer of aliant, and hopefully wont, the answer to
your question is to use Internet Explorer (sad but true). I was on the
phone with aliant, they will say they do not support port forwarding,
but if you click help on the top right you will see that you are
supposed to have an advanced button, from there you can do all what
you wish (again you need IE to see the advanced button). I told the
aliant guy of the IE only situation and he supposedly took note of it.
PS. it might have been the version of the router I was using had a
messed up version of the web app, n any case you need to click on
advanced Icon in the toolbar across the top (if you can see it).

--
Hatem Nassrat