[nSLUG] OT: mail server stuff (was Re: Apache)

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 23:44:21 ADT 2009

> You may also tunnel ports through ssh (as long as port 22 is forwarded
> to your server) for that you may type 'man ssh' (hint check out -L or

If you end up wanting to access ssh externally you may want to open up
a port externally other than 22, maybe 2202 or something, because you
will get bruteforced if you use port 22. If you chose to use 22 for
simplicity reasons (which is the norm anyways) then make sure you have
a strong password. Use ssh keys (which should also have a string
passphrase) would make things more secure. I have learnt the strong
passphrase and password from my mentor, who bashed me one day when we
were tracking down some east European hackers who managed to get
access of a server I owned :(

--
Hatem Nassrat