[nSLUG] "Local" web hosting

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Tue Apr 21 14:50:48 ADT 2009

Daniel MacKay <daniel at bonmot.ca> wrote:

> ...wants to host her web site "locally" ....

    http://www.awesomewebhosting.com/info.php

Associated in some way with Tallships.ca/Glinx.com of Kentville.

    http://www.tallships.ca/

I'm not absolutely sure that the servers are physically in NS but it
appears from cursory scrutiny that they're in Tallships'
24.222.77.0/24 which are, AFAIK, in Kentville.

"Joshua B." <juggins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hub.org is my hosting company.

"Local" for largish values of local:

    Hub.Org was founded in 1997 by Canadian web pioneer Marc Fournier.
    In 2008, Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A. was formed as a merger of
    Hub.Org Networking Services, with her sister company Earth Tec Inc.
    of Panama City.

Servers appear to be in 200.0.0.0/8 (LACNIC, Panama) and
206.223.160.0/19 (Toronto).

Disclaimer: Tallships is my ISP but they don't give me money or free
stuff for mentioning their name in public.  Too bad. :-)

- Mike

                                                           /V\