[nSLUG] Mozilla issues...

David Potter dlpotter at eastlink.ca
Thu Sep 25 09:15:11 ADT 2008

Until I converted my main desktop platform to Ubuntu I had been happily
sharing one Thunderbird and one Firefox profile between a couple of
WinXP computers. The profiles were located on the Linux box using Samba
and both windows machines could access the  profiles without any
problems... specifically the bookmarks, message folders and message filters.

Now with my Ubuntu desktop, the message folders are available but the
message filters complain that "the folder specified {in a particular
filter} cannot be found". These are filters that I have re-created using
the 'browse for filter' interface in Thunderbird.

I have also had no success using a symbolic link to point to the Firefox
bookmarks file
~/mozilla/firefox/profile/bookmarks.html->/mnt/Data/Firefox/bookmarks.html

The failure of message filtering is intruding on my work zone and the
fact that sharing the  bookmarks.html file seems easier in Windows is
something I find hard to accept... ;-)

Any suggestions?

David