[nSLUG] Measured wattage of atom system

Jason Kenney jdkenney at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:19:26 ADT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Michael Gillie <mikegpc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm finding this discussion interesting. It's really hard to believe that a
> CPU and usage of a computer can cost that much!

Actually I don't think it does.  I didn't respond at the time, but he
made the point that his measurements were *under load*.  Of course he
doesn't have a duty cycle approaching 100%...   On a home computer,
for normal users I'd surprised if it's even 1%, over a 24 hour period
the calculations about money were done on.  A heavy gamer would
probably incur a much larger duty cycle though as you mention.

Jason