[nSLUG] Measured wattage of atom system

Michael Gillie mikegpc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 09:33:35 ADT 2008

I'm finding this discussion interesting. It's really hard to believe that a
CPU and usage of a computer can cost that much!

A comment was made in the earlier parts of the discussion that caught my
eye. It was concerning home Computers, and why someone would sacrifice
processing power to save a few cents each day.

My grandfather used to say "a penny saved is a penny earned." HOWEVER, i beg
to differ....

The money that you would save might cause frustrations. If you are a gamer,
you need power. That is where power-sucking super-monster computers come in.
Likewise with servers. A slow computer, mixed with a slow internet
connection.... HELL on earth.

I'm willing to sacrifice a little electricity for more processing power.

Intel has come a fair way. Let's finish the job, lol. We need a CPU that
saves electricity, yet Processes like mad.

Good luck.

The Hemmy!