[nSLUG] Measured wattage of atom system

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Tue Sep 16 18:51:20 ADT 2008

> Totally.  I don't think the 'replace a central fossil fuel generating plant
> with a renewable one' realistically has a chance of working well, especially
> in the long term.  I think small-scale household or small community systems
> are much more likely.  Give the control of the power generation to the
> individuals who are actually using it, and all of a sudden, pride in good
> work, and conservation of resources becomes an automatic tendency.

What gets me, why don't apartment complexes have solar cells on their
roof tops.
There are an abundant number of apartments in HRM.  Why not try it?

Landlords can make money by selling it to the rental units, and anything
left over back to the city.
However, it might conflict with the newly painted coal smoke stacks (is
that what the 10% price hike was for).

Rich