[nSLUG] Considering the Inspiron 1525

Daniel Morrison draker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 18:16:58 ADT 2008

2008/9/16 Michael Gillie <mikegpc at gmail.com>:

> Even more OT... how has GIMP developed? Last time I used GIMP it was having
> color issues when going to print. Have they fixed that bug yet?

Unless you were printing directly to postscript, issues with printing reside
most likely in gutenprint (formerly known as gimp-print), and not gimp itself.

Issues with gutenprint are _highly_ printer dependent.  I can tell you that
I've had fantastic results using Epson inkjets with gimp/gutenprint, although
a few years back (before gimp-print became gutenprint) I had to compile my own
beta releases of gutenprint in order to get support for my printer.

If you're using Canon, HP, or anything other than Epson, then I have no idea.

-D.