[nSLUG] Measured wattage of atom system

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:54:29 ADT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Jason Kenney <jdkenney at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's a convenient quote, but of course completely irrelevant today.
> FYI Edison did not even support AC power or motors in his day!  This
> is a man who challenged Tesla to a competition where he would be
> hooked up to a DC current source, and Tesla an AC one, and they would
> turn up the current until one called it quits.  A fine man, that one.

I heard a radio program about this.  I think it was also Westinghouse who
championed AC.   Edison battled him with claims (and electrocuted dogs,
cats and a circus elephant) until it reached the point of a challenge
to duel by forms of electricity.

Here is a link with more...

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/not_guilty/chair/4.html