[nSLUG] Measured wattage of atom system

Daniel MacKay daniel at bonmot.ca
Tue Sep 16 13:10:10 ADT 2008

> In NS, for >6 months of the year, the heat is not "waste".
> It contributes to the overall heating for your home/office, and
> should be subtracted from the cost of other heat sources.

At Solar Nova Scotia I make this argument on a regular basis, George.
I don't expect anyone else to get it :-)

When people are arguing about the efficiency of the blowers moving
air around their house, I ask them where the wasted energy from an
inefficient blower goes.

The consensus seems to be, "away."

Laws of thermodynamics?? We don't need no stinkin' laws.