[nSLUG] Measured wattage of atom system

Jason Kenney jdkenney at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 12:38:59 ADT 2008

I guess you misunderstood - my comments were directed at the choice of
keeping the PIII until now, not making a switch now.

Frankly I don't think power consumption should ever be a consideration
for a home computer system.  The effort you spend considering it could
be more effectively spent finding other ways to reduce expenses in
your life.  The 100W figure is even extreme, if the difference is only
30W, you're now down to what? 7 cents a day?  I'm pretty you "throw
away" significantly more money than that every time you drive your car
by being a far from optimal driver for example.

Jason