[nSLUG] Considering the Inspiron 1525

Paul wes902 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 12:23:16 ADT 2008

 I understand you bad experience but the build quality on the 6400
series is sketchy at best. It was a cheap laptop when it was released
and you can see all the corners cut. WTF were they thinking with the
silver top that scratches easily and the white panels around the
hinge/sides that seem very weak and want to collapse.

 We have a few 6400's (6-7) in service for 2-3 years, these are
systems that are on the road and get abused. So far the total damage
is one popped off key and a semi broken LCD (2" redish ting line down
the center).  *knock on wood*

 I have seen quite a few of the new Vostro business laptops 1500
series and they look significantly better and feel quite sturdy.