[nSLUG] Measured wattage of atom system

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Tue Sep 16 12:20:51 ADT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:03:55PM -0300, Jason Kenney wrote:
> Because it's not "throwing away money" if you are getting value for
> it.

Agreed.

> It just strikes me as very odd that someone who is into
> computers so much would place such a low value on their own
> experience.

If the Atom is being used to replace two old systems it is likely
overkill for what is required. When all the requirements for a system
are met by an Atom system then the only criteria left to judge the
systems is power consumption.1

It strikes me as very odd the someone who is into computers so much
would not want a small lower power home server.

--
sg