[nSLUG] Considering the Inspiron 1525

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Tue Sep 16 11:43:02 ADT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 09:28:12AM -0300, Michael Gillie wrote:
> I suggest one thing.... AVOID DELL!

Unfortunately Dell is no worst then any other brand of Laptop. The
last time I saw numbers from Consumer Reports the problem rates of
laptops from Sony, Apple, Lenovo, HP, Dell, and Toshiba ranged from
17% to 19%. Laptop quality in general really sucks.

I am no fan of Dell. That said, we have been using Dell laptops at
work from the "bussiness class" Latitude line. We have had minimal
problems with these laptops. I have installed Linux on the D800, D620,
and D630 models with only minor issues. Dell does have a reputation
for poor quality and appears to be working hard to overcome that
image.

You may want to consider one of the Lattitude Laptops that come with
Ubuntu.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/nseries_nb?s=bsd

--
sg