[nSLUG] Considering the Inspiron 1525

Michael Gillie mikegpc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 09:28:12 ADT 2008

I suggest one thing.... AVOID DELL! I had an Inspiron 6400, and it was
nothing more then one big problem. Linux or otherwise. The hardware was the
pits. The screen died twice, the hard drive blew up.

It ran Ubuntu 6.06, skipped a couple releases, and then loved 7.10.

It also ran FC 8, no problems. Mandriva 2007.1 Spring was a great hit as
well.

Never had much luck with Solaris.

Sabayon was a neat one, and it worked well for me.

I was demanding on the system. Someone who doesn't expect much from a
computer is Liable to have a more positive experience.

That's my two cent's worth.

Mike.