[nSLUG] Electronics Engineering Tech/NSCC

Havea Notherpuff haveanotherpuff at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 15:27:05 ADT 2008

I am just starting a two year course at Kingstec(NSCC), taking
Electronics Engineering Tech(EETN), I am a mature 46 year old student
and been disabled so need to find a less labour intensive job and this
is the one I picked, not real sure what I got myself into but find it
hard already, but will probably click into it soon enough to make it
through. What I was wondering is if any of you other Linux user know
of any applications that I can make use of ; such as an electronic
bread-board and other apps that make it so I can have sort of my own
lab here on my computer. I usually have used Mepis  but think I might
switch to just Debian, or what ever is the best and easiest  the best
one with the source list for this kind of applications, I am pretty
ignorant at this pint about anything to do with EETN, learning binary
for first time and have never even heard of boolean algebra, but was
told if I could do grade 12 math I could do this, hope so,LOL. Any
help with  this subject is going to make my life   a lot easier that
without it so please let me know about any apps you might have used or
heard of,

Thanks in advance; fellow NSLUG menber:

Gordon(Haveanotherpuff)