[nSLUG] Atom processor - bogo mips

Jim Haliburton jim at on-site.ns.ca
Tue Sep 2 07:52:42 ADT 2008

Good Day All;

About a week ago the subject of the Intel Atom processor came up.  I had
said that we had CentOS running on one.

I was curious to find the bogomips number and came up with 2 answers for
comparison.

An HP Pentium 4 running at 2.66 GHz on a 533 FSB gave a bogo-mips of
about 5322.

The Intel D945GCLF motherboard running the ATOM 230 (not 270 as I
thought) at 1.6 GHz on a 533 FSB gives a bogo-mips of about 3191.

Now I do not know how bogo-mips are calculated.  However the two numbers
appear to be closely correlated to the processor core clock speed.

Either way with lots of RAM both units give good performance.

Regards

Jim Haliburton

James A. Haliburton
On-Site Computer Services of Halifax
Suite 100, 25 Walton Drive
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada     B3N 1X6
Office/ Cell           : (902)499-5250
Home/After Hours : (902)477-8342
e-mail      : jim at on-site.ns.ca

Please avoid sending me MS Office attachments.   For an explanation see
this:
http://www.nothingisreal.com/dfki/no-word