[nSLUG] Organizing regular meetings

William Lachance wrlach at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 23:56:43 ADT 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Sissiboo <sissiboo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Luke Gavel wrote:
> Here's a part of the problem about no regular meetings: if this was the
> Halifax, or even the HRM Linux users group, I could see sensible debate
> about where to meet, but as it is the Nova Scotia linux users group, I
> can't see getting much representation from the rest of the province on
> more than a monthly basis.
>
> Don't mean to sound grumpy here, but if I come in from Mount Uniacke, I
> don't give much of a rat's ass where the meeting is, so long as there is
> sufficient parking and fresh coffee.

I agree that an hour and a half round trip just to go to a LUG meeting
is a bit ridiculous (especially in these days of high gas prices), but
there's nothing preventing people from the rest of the province from
meeting seperately in a more convenient location.

One LUG, multiple meeting places. Sounds fine to me. :) It couldn't hurt to try.
--
William Lachance
wrlach at gmail.com