[nSLUG] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Reams, Andrew P Andrew.Reams at Keane.com
Mon Oct 6 10:09:18 ADT 2008

LinkedIn is probably the best known social networking site for
professionals. It is useful to keep in contact with former coworkers and
managers and the like, as you inevitably lose touch with them over time
and will be useful down the road if you need to stay in touch with them
for a reference for a new job or to help find one. You can recommend and
be recommended by others which helps bolster your position in the
professional community. Recruiters use it as a tool to look for
candidates.

________________________________
ANDREW REAMS
Sr. Recruiter
Talent Acquisition
Keane Inc.
www.keane.com

815.784.3045     direct
800.784.3045     toll free
224.558.8992     mobile
andrew.reams at keane.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nslug-bounces at nslug.ns.ca [mailto:nslug-bounces at nslug.ns.ca] On
Behalf Of Ian Campbell
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 3:38 PM
To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [nSLUG] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 12:26:00PM -0700, Robb Corbett wrote:
> Nova,
>
> I'm trying out this tool to build and maintain my network and I'd like
to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.

... I get these periodically from people, has anyone actually gotten
any benefit out of LinkedIn that they want to share with the class?

Disclaimer:  This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is confidential, intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is legally privileged, attorney work product or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient(s) or have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly prohibited; instructed to immediately notify the sender by return email or by a phone call to the sender; and required to delete this message from your computer.  This communication does not form any contractual obligation on behalf of the sender, the sender's employer or such employer's parent company, affiliates or subsidiaries.