[nSLUG] Remote Desktop

Greg gregmcal at eastlink.ca
Wed Nov 19 12:09:14 AST 2008

This is an equivalent to UVNC, but the problem is creating a VPN across the
internet without knowing the external IP or configuring the gateway/router
to allow the connection (I don't know them all and don't want to talk
clients through changing the settings and then restoring them. I am hoping
for a solution that a new client can setup without any knowledge of
gateways/routers. The Hamachi uses a server/client configuration to create a
personal VPN tunnelling through routers/fire walls/NATs without any
reconfiguring needed for most home/home office users which is what I am
looking for but would prefer to
A) I would prefer to use my own server rather than depend on an external
server that I do not control
B) Use an open source product that works well in both Windows and Linux.

The VNC component is not the issue unless it is a packaged product