[nSLUG] recommended free shell for using swaks?

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Tue Nov 18 12:53:46 AST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 12:09:20PM -0400, D G Teed wrote:

> ISP's block outbound port 25 so this is why I seek
> something other than doing it from home.

Not all the ISPs block outbound port 25. Atleast in ON. Call around to
find one that doesn't.

If there are none :-( consider an IPSec point to point link in
transport not tunnel mode. Transport mode with a PSK is easier to
setup and understand then trying to connect to networks over a
tunnel. If you are talking linux to linux this should be almost
easy. You could also try OpenVPN but then you are adding an extra
interface to the mailserver which may affect the tests. Either way the
ISP can filter what it can't see.

I think this is the first time I have ever recommened IPSec over
OpenVPN.

--
sg