[nSLUG] Debian vserver kernel

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:06:19 AST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Eugene Cormier <eugene.cormier at gmail.com>wrote:

> Donald, depending on what you're doing (and I assume you're probably
> doing some kind of linux server as opposed to running windows) then I
> would say the way to go is to use Xen or KVM ......personally though I
> like to toy with different OS' so I started using Virtualbox (which I
> love) and I've recently setup a http server on it....it's been rock
> solid (no crashes or other problems) for about 2 years now

Thanks for the response.  I am looking at the capability to run
web applications in their own chroot world, as they are notorious
for being left unmaintained after installation.

A light weight guest OS with a small disk footprint
would be good, and having just the basic hardware
available to the guest (no USB, sound, etc needed)
would be sufficient.  Something like FreeBSD jails would
be best (where the guest's file system is accessible by the host,
not a system stored in one file).

--Donald