[nSLUG] Debian vserver kernel

Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 09:21:46 AST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 09:11 -0400, D G Teed wrote:
> I see a lot of the chatter around vserver is from 2005ish, and not
> much
> recent.  Is there something more commonly used now?  Xen?
> Virtualbox?  OpenVZ?  VMware?  Or should I look at compiling
> my own kernel for vserver?

Donald, depending on what you're doing (and I assume you're probably
doing some kind of linux server as opposed to running windows) then I
would say the way to go is to use Xen or KVM ......personally though I
like to toy with different OS' so I started using Virtualbox (which I
love) and I've recently setup a http server on it....it's been rock
solid (no crashes or other problems) for about 2 years now

Eugene
*           Eugene Cormier             *
*          Acadia University           *
*        www.eugenecormier.com         *
*       eugene.cormier at gmail.com       *
*       DEN 152, (902) 585-1329        *
*    Classical Guitar, Guitar Class,   *
*    Guitar Ensemble, Prelim. Rud.     *