[nSLUG] [OT] Any electronic hardware wizards here?

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu Nov 6 02:40:17 AST 2008

OT, non-Linux, non-computer.  I'm really steamed that I spend ca. $100
on  electric balnkets that just gradually stop working over a period
of 12 to 24 months.

Current electric blankets have solid state electronics in the control
units and not much else.  Googling reveals little about electric
blanket technology except:

   + Marketing and promotional bumpf,

   + Other people steamed about the same early failure, and

   + Repair gurus who can't get into the sealed controllers and "don't
     do electric blankets."

Anybody here actually understand current electric blanket technology?
These gh**-**mn things can't be literally unfixable but I'm very far
from being an electronics whiz.

Damn!  I hate electronics that don't come with a complete technical
manual and a supported programming language. 8-(

- Mike

(I'llhave a real Linux question as soon as I get back to my Slack 12.1
install.)

                                                           /V\