[nSLUG] openldap/TLS

Rick Wightman wightman at unb.ca
Sat May 31 20:11:01 ADT 2008

Folks,

I send this in hopes that there is still a list - seems quiet for
quite a while from my end.

I'm setting up openldap. Howtos abound. Some deal with ssl and ldap
(ldaps:// I believe). I would like to use the more recent use of TLS
over port 389 and only TLS (no non-TLS). There doesn't seem to be
much out there that covers both the server and the client end for
this particular case.   If it matters, I'm on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy
Heron). Can anyone point me at a resource or two?

Rick Wightman