[nSLUG] PCI wireless card as access point

Ron Dewar Ron.Dewar at ccns.nshealth.ca
Wed May 21 13:02:44 ADT 2008

I had to look into this earlier on this month.  Google and read about
'bridging' two network devices in XP.  Here's one example:

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/windows-xp-bridge.asp

Apparently it won't work for all wireless cards (from something else I
read - the above tutorial does not mention it).  I never got it to
work...

Ron

>>> jpaulb at eastlink.ca 2008/05/21 11:40 am >>>
At the Green Party office is a computer with a wired and a wireless PCI

card. The wired is connected to Eastlink cable modem. Can the wireless

card be used as an access point for wireless laptops giving them
internet access also?

The crappy part of this is: that the box is running Windoze XP :-[ ,
haven't used Windoze since 98SE. The stuff has been loaned, so it is
not
mine to change, as much as I would like to.

Thanks

Paul