[nSLUG] PCI wireless card as access point

Greg O'Brien gregmcal at eastlink.ca
Wed May 21 11:59:09 ADT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: nslug-bounces at nslug.ns.ca [mailto:nslug-bounces at nslug.ns.ca] On Behalf
Of J. Paul Bissonnette
Sent: May 21, 2008 11:40 AM
To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group
Subject: [nSLUG] PCI wireless card as access point

At the Green Party office is a computer with a wired and a wireless PCI
card. The wired is connected to Eastlink cable modem. Can the wireless
card be used as an access point for wireless laptops giving them
internet access also?

The crappy part of this is: that the box is running Windoze XP :-[ ,
haven't used Windoze since 98SE. The stuff has been loaned, so it is not
mine to change, as much as I would like to.

Thanks

Paul

You can use the network sharing in XP but I think that is limited to adhock
not a managed connection.

Greg